We absolutely love seafood. On one of our seafood shopping trips, we picked up some frozen, full, cleaned squids. Here is a wonderfully comforting and colorful recipe for a yummy lazy sunday lunch with the family. This recipe is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s Stuffed Braised Squid recipe.
Feeds: 4 very hungry people | Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 30 mins
4 squids, cleaned
100 gms breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic
1/2 bunch of parsley
20 gms parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika powder or harissa paste
1 red onion and 1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
400 gms of tomato puree
a handful of fresh cherry tomatoes or half can tomato pieces
pinch of sugar
salt to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients for squid in a large bowl.
2. Stuff the squid’s with this mixture until half full (don’t over fill or else they might burst while cooking), and seal squid end with a toothpick, and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and fry onion and garlic until slightly golden. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, basil and simmer.
4. Add the stuffed squid, a pinch of sugar, and salt to taste. Slow cook until tender.
5. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese along with spaghetti. You can also serve with roasted vegetables.